2 cup flour
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup shortening
5-6 Tbl cold water
- Lightly stir flour and salt.
- Blend in shortening until resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle in cold water until pastry just holds together.
- Shape into a ball.
- For a 2 crust pie, divide pastry into 2 pieces-one slightly larger than the other and shape each piece into a ball.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll larger ball into 1/8 inch thick circle 2 inches bigger all around than the pie plate.
- Transfer to pie plate. Fill as recipe directs.
- For top crust, roll smaller ball as for bottom crust. Cut a few slashes or a design into the center of circle. Center over filling in the bottom crust.
- With scissors, trim the pastry edges, leaving a 1 inch overhang all around the pie plate rim.
- Bake as recipe directs.
- For 2 piecrusts Prepare as directed above. When dividing ball, divide evenly in half. Roll on a floured surface to circles 2 inches bigger than each pie pan. Bake as recipe directs.