The original recipe was for Caramel Pecan Bars, but my husband doesn't like nuts. I figured you can't go wrong with caramel, so I just left them out!
1/2 cup butter (could use imitation)
1 cup plus 2 Tbl brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla (I used imitation)
3/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
Optional: 1 cup chopped pecans, powdered sugar
- Over medium heat, heat butter and brown sugar until sugar dissolves
- In bowl, combine eggs, vanilla, and butter mixture.
- Combine flour and baking powder, add gradually to butter mixture.
- Stir in pecans if desired---I didn't use these
- Spread into 8x8 pan (or special brownie pan, if you have one)
- Bake @350 for 20-25 minutes or until tooth pick in center comes out with moist crumbs and edges are crisp.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Dust with powdered sugar if desired---I didn't do this