Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Chicken Burritos

This is a recipe I have been meaning to make for a while now, and I am so glad I finally did. I saw the recipe in a Biggest Loser cookbook, but adapted it a little to suit my needs. 
You can buy most of these spices at Aldi...all except maybe cumin. I also bought a 3.5lb bag of frozen chicken thighs for $5.99. I used 4 thighs to make this recipe. The tortilllas were $0.99 at Aldi, too!


1-lb boneless chicken (thighs or breasts), cubed
2 tsp canola oil
2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
flour tortillas
optional toppings: sour cream, shredded cheese, lettuce, chopped tomato, taco sauce, salsa, guacamole
  • In large bowl, combine chicken and the next 7 ingredients
  • Toss to coat chicken. 
  • Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 10 minutes.
  • Heat medium skillet over medium-high heat.
  • Cook chicken until lightly browned and no longer pink.
  • Keep warm
  • Warm tortilla in skillet (30 seconds each side) or microwave (30 seconds total)
  • Place tortilla on plate. Add chicken and toppings of your choice.
  • Fold tortilla sides over filling and then fold up the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Note

For the present, anonymous comments are not allowed at Robin, Restored due to the large number of spam comments that make it through Blogger's spam filter. I'm sorry about those of you who comment as Anonymous and sign your names. I'll try later to enable the function again.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

sharing

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It