Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Almost Pizza Hut Breadsticks


My favorite restaurant breadsticks are from Pizza Hut. My husband doesn't like to eat Pizza Hut. In fact, if we eat pizza, we usually go to one of the local places instead of a chain. Sometimes, I miss my favorite breadsticks though, so I found this recipe. They are almost as good as the real thing!

1 1/2 c hot milk
2 Tbl sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbl yeast
3 c flour
1/3 c melted butter
Topping: 
2 Tbl parmesan cheese
1 Tbl garlic powder
1 Tbl oregano
  • Dissolve sugar and salt in hot milk. 
  • Add 1 c flour to make soupy mixture.
  • Add yeast and stir well.
  • Add the rest of the flour...enough to form moderately stiff dough. Knead until smooth
  • Roll into a rectangle the size of your baking pan. 
  • Spread half the butter on pan, then place dough in pan, and put remaining butter on top of dough.
  • Top with combined topping.
  • Cut into breadsticks and raise 10-15 minutes.
  • Bake @ 350 for 20-15 minutes, until golden

2 comments:

  1. Whaaaat?!! I'm so excited to try making this! I also made a gross Mexican layered dish too. Hi-5 for ordering pizza! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are super good. I hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete

Special Note

For the present, anonymous comments are not allowed at Robin, Restored due to the large number of spam comments that make it through Blogger's spam filter. I'm sorry about those of you who comment as Anonymous and sign your names. I'll try later to enable the function again.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

sharing

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It