If you want to save time, you could use 1 package cornbread/muffin mix combined with 1/4 c milk, 1 egg, and 1 cup cheese for the crust.
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c shortening
1 c milk
1 c flour
1 c cornmeal
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 lb ground turkey (or beef)
dried chopped onion
1 can (15oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 c salsa
1 c shredded cheddar
- Combine crust ingredients and pour into a greased 9 inch pie plate. Bake @375 for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook meat with chopped onion. Drain.
- Stir in black beans and salsa.
- Spoon meat mixture over crust, leaving 1/2 inch edge.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and bake 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.