1 1/2 c water, 110 degrees
2 1/4 tsp yeast
2 tsp sugar
2 3/4 c flour
1/2 c cornmeal
3 Tbl oil
1 tsp salt
8 oz tomato sauce
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp oregano
12 oz shredded cheese
toppings of your choice: I used pepperoni
- Stir water, yeast, and sugar. Sit for 5 minutes until foamy
- Combine flour, cornmeal, oil and salt
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and add yeast into the well.
- Stir to form dough. Add more flour if needed (I added 1/4 c more)
- Knead 7-10 minutes
- Cover with a damp towel and rise to double, about 1 hour
- Punch down and roll into a 13" circle
- Place on greased 12" pizza pan, folding over excess to form crust
- Spread with sauce (mix tomato sauce, garlic powder, and oregano), toppings, and cheese.
- Rest 25 minutes in a warm location.
- Bake at 400 until golden ...about 25 minutes