Monday, January 4, 2010

Chicken Casserole


I found this recipe in a PTO fundraiser cookbook from the school which my grandma used work. It is very flavorful and sometimes I crave it. I don't like stuffing, but this recipe just uses the mix as a crispy topping, not as a soggy side. The leftovers are just as good or better than the first time! about $5 to make

4 chicken breasts (or thighs if you like dark meat like us) (about $2.40)
4-6 slices swiss cheese ($0.18/slice=$1.08)
1 box Cornbread (or regular) Stuffing Mix (we use Aldi brand) ($0.89)
1 can cream chicken soupm($0.59)
1/2 c chicken broth (can use bouillon or broth from boiled chicken, too)
1 stick margarine, melted (or 1/2 c oil if you're in a pinch)
  • Boil chicken and cut into small pieces.
  • Layer on bottom of 9x13 baking dish.
  • Mix soup and broth (I used bouillon so I don't have leftover broth in the can)
  • Pour soup mixture over chicken.
  • Top with single layer of swiss cheese
  • Combine melted margarine and stuffing mix. Pour evenly over cheese.
  • Bake @ 350 for 30 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. I made this tonight but with leftover pork chope we grilled a couple days ago. Yummy.

    ReplyDelete

Special Note

For the present, anonymous comments are not allowed at Robin, Restored due to the large number of spam comments that make it through Blogger's spam filter. I'm sorry about those of you who comment as Anonymous and sign your names. I'll try later to enable the function again.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

sharing

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It