4 chicken breasts (or thighs if you like dark meat like us) (about $2.40)
4-6 slices swiss cheese ($0.18/slice=$1.08)
1 box Cornbread (or regular) Stuffing Mix (we use Aldi brand) ($0.89)
1 can cream chicken soupm($0.59)
1/2 c chicken broth (can use bouillon or broth from boiled chicken, too)
1 stick margarine, melted (or 1/2 c oil if you're in a pinch)
- Boil chicken and cut into small pieces.
- Layer on bottom of 9x13 baking dish.
- Mix soup and broth (I used bouillon so I don't have leftover broth in the can)
- Pour soup mixture over chicken.
- Top with single layer of swiss cheese
- Combine melted margarine and stuffing mix. Pour evenly over cheese.
- Bake @ 350 for 30 minutes.