12 oz spaghetti (1/3 of Aldi spaghetti box) ($0.45)
1 lb sausage (or turkey sausage) ($1.99)
1/2 clove minced garlic
2 8-oz cans tomato sauce ($0.50)
1 6-oz can tomato paste ($0.40)
1 tsp brown sugar
1 Tbl parsley
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp salt
dash bay leaves
- The sauce tastes better if you make it a half - hour ahead of time, but this is not necessary!
- Brown meat and drain and return to pan.
- Add onion, garlic, tomato sauce, tomato paste, brown sugar, parsley, oregano, salt, pepper, and bay leaves.
- Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low, partially cover and cook 30 minutes
- Boil spaghetti according to package. Break into smaller pieces before adding to water. Drain.
- Combine sauce and spaghetti.