1 box bowtie pasta (or penne)
2 1/4 cup half & half (could use heavy cream if desired)
1/4 tsp instant chicken bouillon (or 1/4 cube-crumbled)
3/4 c parmesan cheese
1/2 Tbl cornstarch
2 Tbl butter
1/4 c prosciutto, chopped (could use bacon, turkey bacon, or chicken)
1 Tbl garlic, minced (more if you like)
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms (I used baby portabella)
1/2 Tbl parsley
- Boil pasta according to package directions
- Bring 2 cups of half & half to simmer
- Whisk in bouillon and cheese
- Dissolve cornstarch in 2Tbl water- Whisk into mixture.
- Cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Melt butter in skillet
- Stir in meat, garlic, and mushrooms.
- Saute 3 minutes
- Mix sauce, pasta, and meat.
- Add 1/4 cup half & half and parsley