Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Egg Roll-ups

I'm still trying to eat healthy, even though last week didn't end so well during the time I helped my sister move. I saw a this recipe in one of Rachel Ray's cookbooks and had to try it, but I didn't exactly have all the ingredients. The cookbook suggests other filling choices such as smoked salmon and dill, chopped cooked chorizo and cheddar, or deli turkey with swiss and mustard.

1 serving
1/2 Tbl oil (I used canola)
salt
pepper
1 egg, vigorously beaten
3 Tbl shredded sharp Cheddar
1 Tbl salsa
  • Preheat 8-9 inch skillet over Med-Low heat with the oil.
  • Add a little salt and pepper to vigorously beaten egg.
  • Add egg to pan.
  • Shake pan to spread egg to cover bottom of pan. Don't stir!
  • Cover with a piece of foil and cook 1 minute.
  • Remove foil, sprinkle with cheese. Return foil and cook 1-2 more minutes until egg is set and cheese is melted.
  • Shake pan to loosen egg. Tilt and shake egg onto your plate.
  • Spread salsa across egg.
  • Roll as tightly as possible, careful not to tear the egg.

Egg on FoodistaEgg

    4 comments:

    1. Oh egg rolls are one of my favorites! Yum!

      ReplyDelete
    2. I had never made these before, and I thought they were fantastic. I made them again today! I like the other kind of "egg rolls", too! haha

      ReplyDelete
    3. OH HELLO !!!!!!!!!!!! YUM!

      ReplyDelete
    4. these look fun and yummy! thanks for sharing!

      ReplyDelete

    Special Note

    For the present, anonymous comments are not allowed at Robin, Restored due to the large number of spam comments that make it through Blogger's spam filter. I'm sorry about those of you who comment as Anonymous and sign your names. I'll try later to enable the function again.
    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

    sharing

    Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It