Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Omelet

With this healthy eating idea I had, we have been eating a lot of eggs for breakfast this week. Better than french toast and pancakes I guess.
My grandpa ("Paw" as we call him) always made omelets when I spent the night at his house as a kid. He has a special sauce that makes his omelettes different from all others---Soy Sauce. I know, my husband thought it was weird at first too, but now he's convinced. Try it, you'll like it!

2 eggs
splash of milk
shredded cheese
filling ideas: bacon, sausage, ham, mushrooms, bell peppers, hash browns (yes, it's good!), onions, etc
  • Whisk eggs and milk together until smooth
  • Pour into a small, oiled skillet over Medium heat
  • When egg is pretty well set, flip over the egg (tricky! This is where my omelets start looking ugly)
  • Place cheese and filling on half of the omelet
  • Fold the unfilled side of the omelet over and slide onto a plate. Top with soy sauce.


Egg on FoodistaEgg

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Special Note

    For the present, anonymous comments are not allowed at Robin, Restored due to the large number of spam comments that make it through Blogger's spam filter. I'm sorry about those of you who comment as Anonymous and sign your names. I'll try later to enable the function again.
    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

    sharing

    Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It