Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Scarborough Pork

"...Parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme..."  Well, if you like that combination of herbs, you will like this stuffed pork dish. Stuffing the butterflied pork infuses the flavor. I think I might leave out the sage the next time I make this one, but overall I enjoyed it. I used all dried herbs, but if you want to use fresh double the amounts.

Filling:
1 Tbl dried parsley
2 1/4 tsp sage
2 1/4 tsp thyme
1 1/2 tsp rosemary
3 cloves minced garlic
3 Tbl canola oil
2 tsp spicy brown mustard
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
Pork Loin:
1 boneless center loin pork roast (I used 4 1/2 inch thick pork chops)
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 Tbl oil
  • Make filling and set aside.
  • Preheat oven to 350*
  • Butterfly the pork. Sprinkle the top side with half the salt and pepper. Spread filling evenly.
  • Roll the loin to wrap the filling and use toothpicks to hold in place. 
  • Rub the pork with oil and sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper. 
  • Place in roasting pan. For loin pork roast- 1 hour, for pork chops-30 minutes

1 comment:

  1. I love all the spices that you put in this recipe! Looks healthy and delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Special Note

For the present, anonymous comments are not allowed at Robin, Restored due to the large number of spam comments that make it through Blogger's spam filter. I'm sorry about those of you who comment as Anonymous and sign your names. I'll try later to enable the function again.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

sharing

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It