Sunday, February 14, 2010

Simple Vinaigrette Dressing

I am trying to eat healthier, so naturally I had to eat all the unhealthy foods in our house last week...My friend called it "Fat Week" like Fat Tuesday, but it took about a week! So, I decided we should eat a salad or some type of vegetable before each meal so we can fill up on that. I had a good Valentine's Day dinner planned with a salad a special chicken dish (which I will post next) and realized we didn't have salad dressing! I found a recipe one of my many cookbooks, but I only had a couple of the ingredients. So, I used it as a base and made my own and it tasted pretty good!
Makes about 1 1/2 cups

1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup canola oil (Olive oil would probably be better, but I didn't have it)
1 Tbl dried basil
1 Tbl dried marjoram
1 Tbl dried oregano
1 tsp spicy brown mustard
ground black pepper
  • Mix all ingredients in airtight jar
  • Shake vigorously
  • Refrigerate for up to a week
  •  

1 comment:

  1. I'm always trying to eat healthy...It just doesn't always happen...Great photo of the salad.

    ReplyDelete

Special Note

For the present, anonymous comments are not allowed at Robin, Restored due to the large number of spam comments that make it through Blogger's spam filter. I'm sorry about those of you who comment as Anonymous and sign your names. I'll try later to enable the function again.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

sharing

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It