Friday, February 12, 2010

Sour Cream Cookies

Being the penny pincher that I am, I hate wasting food. I go out of my way to find recipes to make just to use up that last of the half and half or other ingredient that I don't normally have on hand. Today, we had a little bit of sour cream left in the refrigerator and we just happened to be going to a friends to watch the opening ceremony for the Winter Olympics. I would normally just make some sort of dip, but someone already called bring chips and salsa so I had to be creative.
I have this box of recipes that mom copied down for me. The recipes are all family recipes and this one comes from my Mommaw. I love old recipes because they are so thrifty and interesting.
These cookies, as weird as they sound, are really good. They are almost cake like in texture and taste a little bit like plain butter cookies.

1/4 c butter
1 c sugar
1/4 c sour cream
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp nutmeg
2 c flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
  • Cream butter and sugar.
  • Add sour cream. Beat 1 minute.
  • Add other ingredients and mix lightly
  • Drop from spoon. 
  • Bake 10 minutes at 350*

2 comments:

  1. I love old family recipes. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look and sound wonderful!
    Love old- frugal- recipes! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Special Note

For the present, anonymous comments are not allowed at Robin, Restored due to the large number of spam comments that make it through Blogger's spam filter. I'm sorry about those of you who comment as Anonymous and sign your names. I'll try later to enable the function again.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

sharing

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It