1/2 c brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp sugar
1/3 c flour
1/4 c melted butter
1 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 cup peeled, diced apples
1 1/2 c brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon (I forgot this ingredient, but it was still great!)
2/3 c oil
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 c buttermilk (or 1 c milk + 1 Tbl vinegar...sit 5 minutes)
- Grease muffin cups...or use papers.
- Boil apples until a little soft (a secret to soft apple pies!)
- Drain, add the rest of the filling ingredients to the apples. Sit aside.
- Combine muffin ingredients
- Put a layer of batter to fill 1/4 of the muffin cup. Add a layer of apple filling up to 1/2 of muffin cup. And finally, top with batter to fill to 3/4 of muffin cup. Continue to layer batter, filling, batter in each muffin cup.
- Bake at 350* for 25 minutes or until golden brown and top springs back.