Friday, March 12, 2010

Baked Oatmeal

I saw this recipe on another blog. It does take some preparation, so if you don't have a lot of time in the morning, make it the night before and bake it in the morning. It's so good and filling!
I made a half recipe in an 8x8 pan, which was enough food for 2 days! I think next time I will make 1/4 recipe. I also used strawberries and blueberries instead of apples. So good!

for 8x8 pan (4 servings)
1/4 c applesauce
1/4 c oil (or 1/2 c oil-omit applesauce)
1/2 c sugar
2 eggs
3 c oatmeal
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla (everything is better with extra vanilla!)
1 c milk
1 c fruit (apple, blueberry, strawberry, etc)
  • Combine all ingredients
  • Pour into 8x8 pan
  • Bake at 375* for 30-40 minutes until lightly browned

2 comments:

  1. I really hate oatmeal...so this might be a great way for me to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband doesn't usually enjoy oatmeal either, and he said he liked it. It almost seems more like cakey oatmeal cookies when it is baked like this.

    ReplyDelete

Special Note

For the present, anonymous comments are not allowed at Robin, Restored due to the large number of spam comments that make it through Blogger's spam filter. I'm sorry about those of you who comment as Anonymous and sign your names. I'll try later to enable the function again.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

sharing

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It