Friday, March 12, 2010

Cornmeal Pancakes

Sorry for all the posts today. It has been a crazy week of sickness and drama.
I don't know what I was thinking when I went to the store last weekend, but I negelected to get some of the needed supplies. So by the time we got to the end of the week we had no butter, 1 egg, no oatmeal, not enough flour, and the list goes on. I had to get creative for breakfast today. I remembered a long time ago seeing a recipe for cornmeal pancakes on the side of the cornmeal bag....of course, when I checked it was a different bag and only had a recipe for cornbread, so I wondered if I could just substitute cornmeal for flour using our regular pancakes recipe. I tried it and it came out pretty well!

1 egg
1 1/4 c buttermilk (or milk with 1tsp vinegar)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 c flour (it's all I had!)
3/4 c cornmeal
1 tsp sugar
2 tsp melted butter or oil
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla
  • Heat griddle. Spray with cooking spray, then wipe with a cold wet cloth (a trick I learned at the hibachi grill nearby-ha)
  • Combine ingredients until smooth
  • Spoon onto  griddle using 1/4c measure. 
  • Flip over when bubbles appear

No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Note

For the present, anonymous comments are not allowed at Robin, Restored due to the large number of spam comments that make it through Blogger's spam filter. I'm sorry about those of you who comment as Anonymous and sign your names. I'll try later to enable the function again.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

sharing

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It