1 lb ground beef or turkey
1 med. onion, chopped
15 oz enchilada sauce
1 can diced tomato (drained)
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp pepper
1 cup 4% cottage cheese, pureed
1/2 lb monterey jack shredded cheese
8 (8inch) corn tortilla, halved
1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- Brown beef and onion. Drain.
- Stir in enchilada sauce, tomatoes, salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Combine cottage cheese and egg. Set aside.
- Spread 1/3 of meat sauce in a greased 13x9 dish. Top with half the Jack cheese, half the cottage cheese mixture, and half the tortillas.
- Repeat layers ending with meat sauce. Sprinkle Cheddar on top.
- Cover and bake at 350* for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 10 more minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted.