1 3/4 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1 c mashed sweet potatoes (about 2 sweet potatoes)
1 1/2 tsp milled flax seed
1 1/2 Tbl water
1/2 c canola oil
1 1/2 c sugar
1/2 c chopped walnuts (opt. I didn't use these)
1/2 c raisins (opt. I didn't use these)
1/2 c powdered sugar
2 Tb;c maple syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients.
- In another bowl, whisk the sweet potatoes, eggs, and oil. Add sugar; whisk until smooth.
- Stir into dry ingredients until just combined. Fold in walnuts and raisins if using.
- Transfer (thick) batter to greased loaf pan.
- Bake @ 350* for 60-70 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and put on wire rack to cool completely.
- For glaze, combine ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Drizzle glaze over loaf.