1 spaghetti squash
1 lb sausage (or turkey sausage, ground beef, or ground turkey) ($1.99)
1/2 clove minced garlic
2 8-oz cans tomato sauce ($0.50)
1 6-oz can tomato paste ($0.40)
1 tsp brown sugar
1 Tbl parsley
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp salt
dash bay leaves
- Heat oven to 375*
- Cut squash in half and remove seeds.
- Place flesh side down on a greased baking sheet. POKE HOLES IN THE SKIN OF THE SQUASH SO IT WON'T EXPLODE IN THE OVEN
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce...Brown meat and drain and return to pan.
- Add onion, garlic, tomato sauce, tomato paste, brown sugar, parsley, oregano, salt, pepper, and bay leaves.
- Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low, partially cover and cook 30 minutes
- Remove from oven. Use a fork to scrape the flesh out of the skin. It looks just like spaghetti! Place in a bowl.
- Combine sauce and spaghetti sqaush
- Top with parmesan cheese