Saturday, May 22, 2010

Endless PossiblitiesTrail Mix

Trail mix is one of my favorite snacks. It's the perfect mixture of sweet and salty. The last year I taught, one student kept bringing me bags of it to keep in my desk for a snack and I probably ate a huge bag per week....Probably one of the things that helped me gain 75 lbs during my pregnancy! (GRRR!)
It seems like every store-bought mix contains something that is not my favorite or a higher proportion of something than I would like. So instead of purchasing a bag this time, I thought I would try my hand at making my own. I added some of my favorite things, but you could mix whatever you like in yours. Endless possibilities.
I shopped at Aldi for these ingredients and they cost about $4 all together. Your cost would depend on your ingredients of choice.

Makes about 4 cups
1-6oz pkg dried cranberries
1-8oz pkg vanilla yogurt covered raisins
1-20 oz can cashews
1-4oz bag pecans
Other things I love in trail mix...
peanut butter chips, chocolate chips, cinnamon chips
coconut
peanut butter m&m's or really any kind of m&m's
any kind of dried fruit
chocolate or yogurt covered dried fruits

No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Note

For the present, anonymous comments are not allowed at Robin, Restored due to the large number of spam comments that make it through Blogger's spam filter. I'm sorry about those of you who comment as Anonymous and sign your names. I'll try later to enable the function again.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

sharing

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It