2 Tbl canola oil
1 tsp ginger
2 Tbl garlic
1/2 c soy sauce
1 c brown sugar (I might try 3/4c next time and go from there)
1 c canola oil
1/4 c cornstarch
3 green onion, sliced (I omitted this!)
- Heat oil (Med-High). Add ginger and garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Add soy sauce. Add sugar and dissolve. Let boil and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Pour into a small bowl and set aside.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces. Place meat and cornstarch in plastic bag to coat. Let sit for 10 minutes to make sure it sticks. ( I really only let it sit about 5 minutes--maybe?)
- Heat 1 c oil (Med-High). Add chicken. Stir/brown for 2 minutes (more heating time later). Remove from heat. Drain.
- Clean pan. Return meat to pan. Cook on High for 2 minutes. Add sauce and cook until sauce is thickened-about 2 minutes. Add green onion in the last minute or so if desired.
- Remove from heat and serve over rice.