formerly

formerly Penny Pinching Provisions

Saturday, May 1, 2010

OOPS....Pancakes

The other day, I was trying out a new crust for my Chicken Pot Pie recipe. When I found the recipe, I thought maybe the person had written it wrong, because 2 1/3 cups of milk seemed like too much-it was!  All of the sudden the dough, which should have been easily rolled, became more batter-like...soupy actually.
Well, the cheapskate that I am couldn't put it to waste so I looked through my cookbooks to find something with similar proportions of flour and milk. I couldn't find anything exact, but I did find a couple recipes that were close.  I added a couple of ingredients, and let it sit in the refrigerator overnight. The next morning, we had delicious pancakes.
 
We really liked these pancakes because they were just a little different than you expect. They almost had the flavor of biscuits, but it wasn't overwhelming since they are so thin and fluffy.


2 c flour
4 tsp baking powder
4 Tbl butter
1/8 tsp salt
1 Tbl sugar
1 egg
2 1/3 c milk
  • Combine ingredients.
  • Use 1/4 c measure to scoop onto hot griddle.
  • When bubbly, flip over until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Note

For the present, anonymous comments are not allowed at Robin, Restored due to the large number of spam comments that make it through Blogger's spam filter. I'm sorry about those of you who comment as Anonymous and sign your names. I'll try later to enable the function again.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

sharing

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It