1 lb ground turkey (or beef)
6 oz corn (Mexicorn would be good, too)
1 cup shredded cheddar
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 Tbl taco seasoning (or 1 pkt store bought)
1 cup flour
1/2 c cornmeal
2 Tbl sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 c cold butter
1/2 c milk
1 c shredded cheddar, divided
- Brown meat, drain. Stir in corn, cheese, chili powder, and taco seasoning. Set aside.
- For crust, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt, and baking powder. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk, 1/2 cup cheese, and egg.
- Spread crust mixture over the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-inch baking dish.
- Pour filling into crust (If you are making for a friend, Pour filling into a baggie so they can top it later)
- Bake uncovered at 400* for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.