Monday, June 28, 2010

Chicken Marsala

Anytime we go to an Italian restaurant, I order chicken marsala.  It is one of my very favorite dishes, and I'm so glad I found out how to make it at home.

For the most part, I had all the ingredients on hand. I did have to buy the mushrooms and the Marsala wine. This dish probably costs about $3-4 a serving, so it's a little more than I usually spend on dinner, but we are trying to eat in instead of going out and it's way cheaper than going out!

1/4 cup + 1 Tbl flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1-lb chicken breast, pounded thin
3 Tbl butter
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 pkg (10 oz) crimini mushrooms, thinly sliced
2/3 c Marsala wine
2/3 c chicken broth
1/8 tsp dried thyme
  • Combine 1/4 cup flour, salt, and pepper. Dip chicken until evenly coated.
  • Melt 2 Tbl butter over Med-High heat and cook chicken, turning once, about 10 minutes or until cooked through. Keep warm.
  • Melt 1 Tbl butter and cook onion and mushrooms about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with 1 Tbl flour and cook about 1 minute, stirring constantly.  Add wine and cook for 1 minute, scraping the brown bits from the skillet. Add broth and thyme. Bring to boil over high. Boil 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over chicken to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Note

For the present, anonymous comments are not allowed at Robin, Restored due to the large number of spam comments that make it through Blogger's spam filter. I'm sorry about those of you who comment as Anonymous and sign your names. I'll try later to enable the function again.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

sharing

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It