The second recipe, Oven Polenta, is something I had never made before. I had seen polenta in the grocery but didn't really know what it was. When I found the recipe, it seemed like cornbread without the flour. Well, it didn't exactly taste like cornbread, but it was delicious all the same. I will definitely make it again....and Eden (one year old) will be super excited. She couldn't get enough of it!
Mahogany Pork & Veggies
1-lb pork tenderloin, cut into strips
1 Tbl brown sugar
2 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp hot pepper sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 large red or orange bell peppers, thinly sliced
1 large onion
- Combine pork with brown sugar, soy sauce, hot pepper sauce, and garlic in a medium bowl. Combine peppers and onion in another bowl. Spray each with about 10 sprays of oil (maybe Tbl each?)
- Preheat skillet to Medium-high. Add veggies Cook about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Remove, cover, and keep warm.
- Add meat to skillet. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until done.
- Put meat over veggies to serve.
1-1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth (I used chicken broth, will probably use veggie next time)
1 cup milk
1/2 cup cornmeal
1 Tbl olive oil (I used Canola)
1/4 tsp salt
2 Tbl Asiago or Parmesan Cheese (I think Cheddar would be awesome, too!)
- Preheat oven to 350* Grease 8x8 dish
- Combine all ingredients except cheese.
- Bake 50 minutes, stirring once.
- Stir in cheese. Bake 10 more minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.