3 large eggs, separated
1-1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 Tbl sugar
1/2 tsp salt
- Lightly grease and preheat waffle maker.
- In large mixing bowl, beat egg yolks, milk and oil until thoroughly mixed. Add flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Beat until just smooth.
- In small bowl, beat egg whites with mixer on high until stiff peaks form.
- With rubber spatula, gently fold the beaten egg whites into the mixture. Do not overmix.
- Pour batter onto the center of the waffle grid (Mine used about 1 1/3 cups-but your waffle maker may be a different size!)
- Close the lid and bake. Repeat with remaining batter.