2-1/2 c flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 c butter
1/2 c shortening (this is how you know it's an old recipe)
1 c sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 Tbl milk
- All ingredients should be room temperature.
- Sift together flour, soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Cream together butter, shortening, sugar, and vanilla. Add egg. Mix till fluffy. Stir in dry ingredients until smooth. Blend in milk.
- Drop by teaspoonful onto greased cookie sheet.
- Flatten with bottom of glass which has been dipped in sugar.
- Bake at 375* for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool. Makes 5-5-1/2 dozen 2" cookies