Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Simple Sugar Cookies

I have a box of recipes that I may have mentioned before. All the recipes come from my grandparents or great grandparents' kitchens. Most I had eaten at various times in my childhood and bring back special memories, and there are some that I haven't tried before. It's my goal to make them all at least once.
I don't remember eating these sugar cookies from "Momaw's" kitchen, but when I saw the recipe I knew I had to make them. I love cookies, and most of the time I love baking them too. One thing I hate though: the rolling pin! I hate rolling things out, and most sugar cookie recipes require you to do so. Not this one! That is when I knew this recipe was for me.

2-1/2 c flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 c butter
1 egg
1/2 c shortening (this is how you know it's an old recipe)
1 c sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 Tbl milk
  • All ingredients should be room temperature.
  • Sift together flour, soda, and salt. Set aside.
  • Cream together butter, shortening, sugar, and vanilla. Add egg. Mix till fluffy. Stir in dry ingredients until smooth. Blend in milk. 
  • Drop by teaspoonful onto greased cookie sheet.
  • Flatten with bottom of glass which has been dipped in sugar.
  • Bake at 375* for 10-12 minutes. 
  • Cool. Makes 5-5-1/2 dozen 2" cookies

3 comments:

  1. My kids love sugar cookies but I don't often make them. They would LOVE it if I did! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are super fast since you don't have to roll them...and they taste delicious! My husband was so excited when he smelled them as he walked in the door.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i never made these before! might do with the little ones this week!

    thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

Special Note

For the present, anonymous comments are not allowed at Robin, Restored due to the large number of spam comments that make it through Blogger's spam filter. I'm sorry about those of you who comment as Anonymous and sign your names. I'll try later to enable the function again.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

sharing

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It