Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Spicy Oven Fries

As we traveled back to Indiana from a wedding, we passed through Louisville. Anytime we drive this way, I use our passing through as an excuse to eat at my very favorite restaurant: Ramsi's. There is something for everyone at this place, but my dish of choice is the Jamaican chicken sandwich which comes with fried potatoes. Now, I try not to eat fried things, but these things are amazing. I'm not sure what they put in them to make them so addictive, but I'm sure it's illegal...
Well, I knew I could come up with something that isn't fried, but can still give me the taste want when we can't drive 2 hours to eat at Ramsi's.

1-1/2 bl red potatoes-cut in wedges
3 Tbl butter or oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne
  • Preheat oven to 450*. Grease baking sheet.
  • Toss all ingredients.
  • Arrange in single layer on baking sheet.
  • Bake 30 minutes, turning once, until golden and crisp.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Note

For the present, anonymous comments are not allowed at Robin, Restored due to the large number of spam comments that make it through Blogger's spam filter. I'm sorry about those of you who comment as Anonymous and sign your names. I'll try later to enable the function again.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

sharing

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It