Sunday, July 4, 2010

Meatballs w/Hidden Veggies

Anytime I want my family to eat any vegetables (without complaining) besides broccoli or corn, I have to hide them in their food. Sometimes I puree them, and sometimes I finely grate them. These meatballs have zucchini and carrots in them. I didn't say a word about the hidden veggies until the next day after the leftovers were eaten *evil grin*.

1-lb ground beef (or turkey) (I actually used beef this time!)
1/2 c Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1/2 c grated carrot
1/2 c grated zucchini
1 egg
1 jar pasta sauce (or make your own
12 oz whole wheat spaghetti (or regular)
  • Combine meat, bread crumbs, carrot, zucchini, and egg. Mix well. 
  • Use Meatball Scoop  to make meatballs.
  • Place meatballs on baking sheet. Bake at 350* until done (20-30 minutes)
  • While meatballs are baking, heat pasta sauce (or make your own) and boil spaghetti. 
  • Put cooked meatballs in pasta sauce and pour over spaghetti. 
  • Top with Parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Note

For the present, anonymous comments are not allowed at Robin, Restored due to the large number of spam comments that make it through Blogger's spam filter. I'm sorry about those of you who comment as Anonymous and sign your names. I'll try later to enable the function again.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

sharing

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It