Thursday, July 22, 2010

Scotchilla Cookies

     Well, I don't know what is wrong with me. I wanted cookies again today. I tried feebly to resist, but broke down and made some. I had half a bag each of butterscotch chips and vanilla chips from previous cookie making experiences  (see here and here), so I just combined them and made a new twist on a basic cookie...I call it "The Scotchilla"--just to sound dramatic. If I could only change the font to Chiller or something!
     Anyway, enough of me being weird for now. These were amazing! Plus, the oatmeal and flax seed makes them healthy...or at least healthier, right?
     I put some on a cookie sheet in the freezer. I will add them to a freezer bag when they are frozen, so I can make them another time when I have a craving.

3/4 c butter, softened
3/4 c sugar
3/4 c packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 Tbl milled flax seed
3 Tbl water
1 tsp vanilla (homemade)
1-1/4 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
3 c Old Fashioned Oats
half bag butterscotch chips
half bag vanilla chips
  • Heat oven to 375*
  • Beat butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Add eggs, flax, and water. Beat well.
  • Combine flour, soda, cinnamon, and salt. Gradually add to butter mixture. Beat until well blended.
  • Stir in oats and chips.
Drop on cookie ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden.

submitted to
the Culinary Smackdown Battle: Cookies

13 comments:

  1. yeah it's healthy lol...u got the oats in flaxseed in...so its healthy hehehe...

    this sounds really nice. im a big fan of oat cookies! especially when its like sweet/salty combination..mm mmm!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew someone would see it my way!
    I love oatmeal cookies too...I also love the batter of oatmeal cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of vanilla chips...must find some!! Yeah, I'm all up for a little bit of this health food ;) They sound delish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the combination of flavors in your cookies and the name is perfect! I just found you blog and have signed up to follow it. I can't wait to see what other creative recipes you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! And I hope you enjoy the blog. I love cooking...especially baking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These cookies look awesome! I never think to use butterscotch chips, but I love them! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woo hoo! What a great delicious looking cookie! I'm new here and so glad to follow to see what is cooking and baking next. Great recipe, love that butterscotch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your new name!! I've never heard of vanilla chips! I'll have to look for those. They aren't the same as white chocolate are they? I do use butterscotch a lot and always have a bag of those around. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Debbi--
    I got the vanilla chips at Meijer (they are Meijer brand). I use them interchangeably with white chocolate chips. They usually don't make store brand white chocolate chips...save when you can. They don't taste the same though. I probably prefer the white chocolate (who wouldn't)even though the vanilla is fabulous, but only buy them for special occasions.
    Pam--
    It's nice to have you. I hope you enjoy the site!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These scotchilla cookies look and sound delicious! Thanks for entering the Smackdown Battle! Best of luck to you.

    Amy
    http://utry.it

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those look wonderful. I love butterscotch chips in cookies. Adds a little extra....!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love butterscotch. I really love that you used what you had on hand. I do that often, it feels good to dig into the pantry and come up with something from a little of this and that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Robin, I was assigned to your blog, enjoyed your blog very much, I made these cookies, they were very delectable, do visit me when you have time, I have made it Eggless, thank you..

    ReplyDelete

Special Note

For the present, anonymous comments are not allowed at Robin, Restored due to the large number of spam comments that make it through Blogger's spam filter. I'm sorry about those of you who comment as Anonymous and sign your names. I'll try later to enable the function again.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

sharing

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It