(is that a word now, because the editor is underlining it like it's not...) some recipes and found this one. And, I just love the blog I found it on, too!
Here's the recipe...I didn't change a thing!
1/3 c shortening/butter combo (half butter/ half shortening)
1/2 c applesauce
1 tsp vanilla
1-1/4 c flour
1/3 c sugar
2 Tbl brown sugar
1/2 tsp soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 c butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Cream sugars and butter. Add eggs and vanilla. Stir in applesauce.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Stir about 1/3 of dry mixture into wet. Repeat until all combined. Stir in chips.
- Grease baking sheets. Spoon on batter.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until firm and golden.