Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Spiced Apple Cinnamon Butterscotch Chip Cookies

We had to go to a wedding over the weekend. This is the first time we have left our daughter with a friend for more than a half hour (aaahh, the joy of having no family nearby). One of our good friends just loves her to pieces and volunteered to entertain her for a few hours.
As part of her payment, I decided to make cookies for them. When we were at the store I bought butterscotch chips, but didn't just want to make oatmeal butterscotch cookies---so normal! So I googled (is that a word now, because the editor is underlining it like it's not...) some recipes and found this one. And, I just love the blog I found it on, too!

Here's the recipe...I didn't change a thing!
1/3 c shortening/butter combo (half butter/ half shortening) 
1/2 c applesauce
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1-1/4 c flour
1/3 c sugar
2 Tbl brown sugar
1/2 tsp soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 c butterscotch chips
  • Preheat oven to 350*
  • Cream sugars and butter. Add eggs and vanilla. Stir in applesauce.
  •  Combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. 
  • Stir about 1/3 of dry mixture into wet. Repeat until all combined. Stir in chips.
  • Grease baking sheets. Spoon on batter.
  • Bake 12-15 minutes until firm and golden.
 

3 comments:

  1. I thought googled was a word too...these sound good...definitely not the ordinary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah! I finally got it to work to follow your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome, friend. I found your new blog, and I'm so excited to read about canning...I might try something if I get brave enough.

    ReplyDelete

Special Note

For the present, anonymous comments are not allowed at Robin, Restored due to the large number of spam comments that make it through Blogger's spam filter. I'm sorry about those of you who comment as Anonymous and sign your names. I'll try later to enable the function again.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

sharing

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It