Good Housekeeping Illustrated Cookbook.
As I type this, I smell the strawberry muffins baking. We like muffins, can't you tell?
2 cups flour (I use half whole wheat/half white)
2 Tbl sugar
1 Tbl baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c sugar
3/4 c fresh/frozen blueberries
1/2 tsp lemon extract
1 c milk
3 Tbl flax seed (or 1 Tbl oil)
3 Tbl oil (canola)
- Preheat oven to 400*. Grease or line muffin pans.
- In large bowl, mix flour, 2 Tbl sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In small bowl, beat egg slightly, then stir in milk, flax seed, oil, 1/2 c sugar, blueberries, and lemon extract.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture. Stir until just moistened. Ovoid overmixing to prevent toughness.
- Spoon into muffin pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until risen and golden. Toothpick should come out clean and dry.
- Cool on wire rack immediately