formerly

formerly Penny Pinching Provisions

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Blueberry Muffins 2

We went back to get more blueberries. The U-pick season had just ended, the day before-just my luck, so we got some from the cooler. For lack of creativity, I decided to make blueberry muffins again. Though I liked the muffins we made before, I decided to try something different. These were fabulous right out of the oven...and the next morning, too!
I found it in my favorite old cookbook: Good Housekeeping Illustrated Cookbook.


As I type this, I smell the strawberry muffins baking. We like muffins, can't you tell?

2 cups flour (I use half whole wheat/half white)
2 Tbl sugar
1 Tbl baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg
1/2 c sugar
3/4 c fresh/frozen blueberries
1/2 tsp lemon extract
1 c milk
3 Tbl flax seed (or 1 Tbl oil)
3 Tbl oil (canola)
  • Preheat oven to 400*. Grease or line muffin pans.
  • In large bowl, mix flour, 2 Tbl sugar, baking powder, and salt.
  • In small bowl, beat egg slightly, then stir in milk, flax seed, oil, 1/2 c sugar, blueberries, and lemon extract.
  • Add egg mixture to flour mixture. Stir until just moistened. Ovoid overmixing to prevent toughness.
  • Spoon into muffin pan.
  • Bake 20-25 minutes until risen and golden. Toothpick should come out clean and dry.
  • Cool on wire rack immediately

No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Note

For the present, anonymous comments are not allowed at Robin, Restored due to the large number of spam comments that make it through Blogger's spam filter. I'm sorry about those of you who comment as Anonymous and sign your names. I'll try later to enable the function again.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

sharing

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It