Monday, August 2, 2010

Nutella No Bakes

     I went to visit my dad for his birthday last weekend. While I was there, I decided to stop by our family reunion. I was at my mom's house, so I didn't have a lot of options. I decided to make NoBake cookies since most people have the supplies on hand to pull that off quickly. I got started, and realized there wasn't enough peanut butter! What's a girl to do?
     As I frantically looked though the cabinets, I came across a jar of Nutella. Hmmm....peanut butter is similar in texture to Nutella...and they are both made from nuts....of course! My mom was skeptical, but I think she was won over in the end. These turned out great, so if you are ever in a pinch...or just want to make something awesome on purpose-substitute Nutella for peanut butter.

1/2 c butter
2 c sugar
1/2 c milk
3 Tbl cocoa
1/2 c Nutella
3 c oats
1 Tbl vanilla
opt. 1/2 c nuts/and or coconut (I used coconut)
  • Bring sugar, butter, milk, and cocoa to a boil. 
  • Boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and quickly stir in oats.
  • Add Nutella, vanilla, and coconut (or nuts). Mix well.
  • Drop onto wax paper to harden.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Note

For the present, anonymous comments are not allowed at Robin, Restored due to the large number of spam comments that make it through Blogger's spam filter. I'm sorry about those of you who comment as Anonymous and sign your names. I'll try later to enable the function again.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

sharing

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It