Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Strawberry Muffins

     As you know, we love muffins here at our house. I make them all the time, and have posted a few of the recipes on this blog.
(Blueberry Muffins Blueberry Muffins 2 Monkey Muffins , Apple Pie Muffins,  and Corn Muffins)
     They are a great snack, side, or dessert...and a great easy breakfast if you make them the night before. I'll be the first to admit: The less stuff I have to do in the morning, the better. Mom, you are not allowed to comment on this. 

     I know it's past time for strawberries, but I love them. They are probably my favorite fruit, so anything made with them is my kind of thing. I got this recipe from allrecipes .com and made a few adjustments based on the comments made by people who made the recipe. I used frozen strawberries this time, but when it's strawberry season, they are amazing with fresh strawberries, too!

1/4 c oil (or 1/8c oil + 1/8 c applesauce)
1/2 c milk
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 sugar
1-3/4 c flour (I used half wheat, half white)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 c brown sugar
1 c strawberries, chopped
  • Preheat oven to 375* and line or grease muffin pans
  • Combine oil, milk, and egg. Beat lightly.
  • Mix flour, salt, powder, sugar, cinnamon, and brown sugar. Toss in strawberries.
  • Pour in milk mixture and stir. 
  • Fill muffin cups
  • Bake 25 minutes or until tops bounce back.
  • cool 10 minutes and remove from pan.

 

    3 comments:

    1. Hey I host a blog hop and I'd LOVE if you came over and shared a recipe! Here's the link :) http://thesweetdetail.blogspot.com/search/label/Savory%20Sunday

      ReplyDelete
    2. Thanks so much for linking up at Muffin Monday! These look so good!

      ReplyDelete
    3. oooooooooooo...these sound so great Robin:) I love that you make them with fresh strawberries...too cool! Can't wait to try them out:)

      ReplyDelete

    Special Note

    For the present, anonymous comments are not allowed at Robin, Restored due to the large number of spam comments that make it through Blogger's spam filter. I'm sorry about those of you who comment as Anonymous and sign your names. I'll try later to enable the function again.
    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

    sharing

    Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It