(Blueberry Muffins Blueberry Muffins 2 Monkey Muffins , Apple Pie Muffins, and Corn Muffins)
They are a great snack, side, or dessert...and a great easy breakfast if you make them the night before. I'll be the first to admit: The less stuff I have to do in the morning, the better. Mom, you are not allowed to comment on this.
I know it's past time for strawberries, but I love them. They are probably my favorite fruit, so anything made with them is my kind of thing. I got this recipe from allrecipes .com and made a few adjustments based on the comments made by people who made the recipe. I used frozen strawberries this time, but when it's strawberry season, they are amazing with fresh strawberries, too!
1/4 c oil (or 1/8c oil + 1/8 c applesauce)
1/2 c milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1-3/4 c flour (I used half wheat, half white)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 c brown sugar
1 c strawberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375* and line or grease muffin pans
- Combine oil, milk, and egg. Beat lightly.
- Mix flour, salt, powder, sugar, cinnamon, and brown sugar. Toss in strawberries.
- Pour in milk mixture and stir.
- Fill muffin cups
- Bake 25 minutes or until tops bounce back.
- cool 10 minutes and remove from pan.