Friday, October 8, 2010

BBQ Chicken Topped Baked Potatoes

     This could be made in the slow cooker, which is how I did it, or grilled, sauteed, baked, whatever. It tasted really good, and even a little spicy which wasn't intended. I wish I would have tasted it before I gave a piece to my one year old!
     The sauce is not a traditional BBQ sauce. It actually tastes more like a mix of BBQ and enchilada sauce. Is that what they call "Tex-Mex?" In any case, it's very good and filling. We will definitely make this again.


1-lb chicken
24 oz tomato sauce (no salt added)
2 tsp worchestershire sauce
2 Tbl Chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp pepper
1 Tbl paprika
2 tsp garlic powder
1 onion, chopped
4 tsp sugar (or sugar substitute)
  • Cook in slow cooker; 5 hours on low. Shred chicken after cooking. OR marinate chicken, and cook as desired.
  • Serve over garlic mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, rice, or salad.
Baked Potatoes

    4 comments:

    1. I would love some taters drenched in bbq chicken...delicious!

      ReplyDelete
    2. I made this today and we loved it! I also made your pasta salad recipe. That was a hit too. Thank-you!!

      I have your blog listed on my side bar. I'm hoping my readers will check you out.

      ReplyDelete
    3. I'm glad you liked it! Our family loves that pasta salad, too. We have it at every gathering.

      ReplyDelete
    4. Looks delish!!! Been gathering slow cooker recipes for the colder months coming up!!

      ReplyDelete

    Special Note

    For the present, anonymous comments are not allowed at Robin, Restored due to the large number of spam comments that make it through Blogger's spam filter. I'm sorry about those of you who comment as Anonymous and sign your names. I'll try later to enable the function again.
    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

    sharing

    Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It