Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Chicken Curry

     Since we have been trying to limit our salt and fat intake, I have really missed some foods that I love. One type of food is Indian food, and while I never order Chicken Curry when we go out, the flavor is similar to my regular Chicken Tikka. Although, I did wish I had some garlic naan to go along with it...I will have to wait until next time I guess.
       I found this recipe in The Biggest Loser Cookbook and knew I had to try it.

1 lb chicken, cubed
salt, to taste
2 tsp olive oil
1/4 c onion, chopped
1/4 c celery, chopped
2 clove garlic
2 Tbl oat flour
1 c chicken broth
1/2 c diced tomato in juice
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2-1 tsp curry powder, to taste
1/8 cayenne
1/4 c fresh cilantro (I didn't have this)
  • Season chicken with salt and pepper. 
  • Warm skillet to medium-high and add 1 tsp oil to pan. Add chicken and cook until browned and no longer pink inside. Set aside.
  • Reduce heat to medium. Add 1tps oil. Then, add onion, celery. and garlic. Cook for about 5 minutes until starting to brown. Stir in flour and add broth. Stir constantly for 4-5 minutes or until thickened.  Stir in tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 tsp curry, cayenne, and chicken. Simmer 2-3 minutes. Add more curry if desired. 
Curry Chicken

    1 comment:

    1. I love just about anything with curry in it.

      ReplyDelete

    Special Note

    For the present, anonymous comments are not allowed at Robin, Restored due to the large number of spam comments that make it through Blogger's spam filter. I'm sorry about those of you who comment as Anonymous and sign your names. I'll try later to enable the function again.
    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

    sharing

    Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It