I saw this post on Evil Chef Mom and knew I had to try them despite the name "chubbies." My circumstances were definitely not the same as hers, but she is right about one thing...sometimes you just need a cookie....and sometimes you need a Chocolate cookie!
These were just the right cookie for me
1/2 c unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
9 oz semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
3 oz unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped (or 1/2c+1Tbl cocoa and 3 Tbl oil)
1/2 c flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3 eggs, room temperature
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 c (12 oz) peanut butter chips (or semi sweet chocolate)
Optional: 1-1/2 c chopped pecans and 1-1/2 c chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350*. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper
- Bring 1 inch of water to simmer in saucepan over low heat. Put the butter in a heatproof bowl and melt over the water in the saucepan. Add semisweet chips and unsweetened chopped chocolate. Stirring until mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and let stand about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Whip the eggs on Medium until foamy. Increase speed to high, Add sugar, then vanilla. Whip about 3 minutes until eggs are very thick.
- Reduce mixer speed, add warm chocolate.
- Stir in flour, peanut butter chips (and nuts). The dough will be somewhat soft.
- Using a meatball scoop, place dough on cookie sheets about 1-1/2 inches apart.
- Bake immediately (if you wait, the cookies won't be shiny)
- Bake until set around the edges 17-20 minutes.
- The edges should release easily even if the center of the cookie seems soft. Don't overbake.
- Reduce mixer speed