Monday, December 27, 2010

Minnie's Cookies

     I'm not sure who Minnie is or was, but she sure made a good cookie. These are my very favorite cookie. My Mommaw used to make these for us when we were younger. I think they might have been her favorite too, because I don't remember her making many other kinds of cookies.
     I always make these around Christmas and usually a couple other times a year, too. They are always a big hit with their simple peanut butter flavor. You can add some optional drizzle on top for a special treat.

1/2 c sugar
1/2 c honey or Karo syrup
3/4 c peanut butter
3 c Special K (or corn flakes)
OPTIONAL: 1/2 c chocolate chips+1/2 c butterscotch chips= melt and drizzle atop
  • Bring sugar and Karo syrup to boil
  • Add peanut butter and Special K
  • Stir until coated.
  • Drop on cookie sheet or wax paper to cool. Drizzle if desired.


    Peanut Butter

    1 comment:

    1. If you find Minnie - tell her thank you for the recipe! I can't wait to try it!

      ReplyDelete

    Special Note

    For the present, anonymous comments are not allowed at Robin, Restored due to the large number of spam comments that make it through Blogger's spam filter. I'm sorry about those of you who comment as Anonymous and sign your names. I'll try later to enable the function again.
    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

    sharing

    Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It