Friday, January 28, 2011

Blueberry Cheesecake Pancakes

     Every year when we have Christmas with my family, my mom makes this breakfast casserole which includes eggs and sausage...and soggy bread! I think I'm the only one who refuses to eat it. She has made it every year for as long as I can remember, and every year for as long as I can remember, I have eaten cereal for Christmas breakfast.  This year was a little different (finally!), we had these blueberry pancakes. They were amazing and I would totally eat them for dessert or any other time of day because they were just that good.
     We did make a few alterations to the posted recipe, which I'm sure is equally good. We are just a little picky about our pancakes around here, and why fix what isn't broken? Enjoy.

1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened 
3/4 cup whipped topping
1-1/2 c flour 
1-3/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3 Tbl sugar
1 c milk
2 eggs, slightly beaten 
3 Tbl butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries(not thawed)
 3/4 cup maple syrup, warmed
Additional blueberries, optional

  • For topping:  in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and whipped topping until smooth. Chill until serving.
  • For pancakes: combine flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a large bowl. Combine milk, eggs, butter and vanilla in a small bowl. Pour liquid ingredients into dry ingredients and mix well. Fold in 1 cup blueberries. Scoop 1/4 cup batter onto griddle. Flip when edges start to turn.
  • Spread topping over pancakes. Top with syrup and additional blueberries.
  This is linked to Sweet As Sugar Cookies....




and
Cheesecake Theme

13 comments:

  1. BTW: There was that Christmas when I had a 104.8 fever and Paw made omelets. And I think one year we attempted a baked apple french toast that sounded like the one we had at The Hemlock House (didn't work out so good though if I remember correctly).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember another french toast...but I'll give you the year you didn't get out of bed. I thought Paw made pancakes though? I stand corrected.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pancakes look like they would impress anyone. They sound absolutely delicious. I have a linky party on my blog every week called "Sweets for a Saturday" and I'd like to invite you to stop by this weekend and link this up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A much better Christmas breakfast, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely flavor combination! I would love to try these this weekend. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, I think Sweets for a Saturday has to be one of the most decadent parties around, and obviously a huge success last week for her first party. These lucious looking pancakes are the first one I turned to tonight. We do a similar filling with crepes, but I am thinking that the pancakes would even be better. Fabulous Christmas breakfast or anytime special breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for linking this up to Sweets for a Saturday. Hope you'll be able to join in again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for linking this up to Sweets for a Saturday. Hope to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooo these look delicious! Thanks for linking up to A Themed Baker's Sunday! Hope to see you next week the theme is Cakes/Cake Pops!
    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! You were featured on this weeks A Themed Baker's Sunday! All the treats looked so delicious I wasn't able to rank them this week. Hope you come back for next week's theme which is Cakes! It starts tomorrow and ends next Saturday night! See ya!
    http://cupcakeapothecary.blogspot.com/2011/05/themed-bakers-sunday-6.html
    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks! These pancakes are so good.
    I'll be there with a Perfect Party Cake recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh yummmmm! I would LOVE for you to link these up to my sweet treats party this weekend! Hope to see you there!
    Ashton
    www.somethingswanky.com

    ReplyDelete

Special Note

For the present, anonymous comments are not allowed at Robin, Restored due to the large number of spam comments that make it through Blogger's spam filter. I'm sorry about those of you who comment as Anonymous and sign your names. I'll try later to enable the function again.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

sharing

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It