formerly

formerly Penny Pinching Provisions

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Crock Pot Spaghetti

     I got this recipe from my mom. She always made it when we had family reunions...and if she didn't make it, she heard about it. For whatever reason, we haven't had a family reunion in years and one great aunt was talking about how much she missed this spaghetti. My mom made her a special batch of it.
     I made this for Christmas dinner this year. I know, it's not the most traditional dinner, but I have a one year old and she thinks spaghetti is the greatest culinary creation. She really liked the pieces of pepperoni in it, too. I really liked that it's made in the slow cooker, so I didn't have to do much to get it ready. I just enjoyed the day. For sides, we had salad and braided herb bread. For dessert, we had pumpkin dump cake...recipe coming soon!

serves 6-8
1 lb ground chuck (turkey, sausage, or combination)
1-1/2 tsp onion powder
1-1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp mustard (or mustard powder)
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp oregano (or Italian seasoning)
8oz tomato sauce
4 oz can mushrooms
3-1/2--4cups tomato juice
1 pkg pepperoni
1-1/2c dry spaghetti, break 4 times
  • Brown meat and drain well.
  • Place in crock pot. 
  • Add all remaining ingredients, except spaghetti.
  • Stir well.
  • Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours or high for 3-1/2 hours.
  • Turn to high the last hour and add spaghetti pieces. Add a little tomato juice, if needed, at this time.


    Spaghetti on FoodistaSpaghetti

    3 comments:

    1. How simple! This sounds delicious..... I can't wait to give it a try. Thanks for sharing.

      ReplyDelete
    2. It's really good. Let me know how you like it!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Sounds delicious, easy and great for a busy weeknight as well. I'm going to add this to my Maniac Monday night dinner collection and give it a try soon!

      ReplyDelete

    Special Note

    For the present, anonymous comments are not allowed at Robin, Restored due to the large number of spam comments that make it through Blogger's spam filter. I'm sorry about those of you who comment as Anonymous and sign your names. I'll try later to enable the function again.
    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

    sharing

    Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It