Thursday, January 27, 2011

Ginger chicken

     I love Chinese food, but we can't always afford to go for takeout. It's more healthy and much cheaper to make this version at home. It definitely was not lacking in flavor and hit the spot when I was craving Chinese last week. We had this with brown rice and broccoli. We used chicken, but you could use steak or pork for different flavors.

for 4 servings
2 tsp oil
1-lb chicken, diced
1 c chicken broth
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
1/4 c chopped ginger
1/4 c soy sauce
2 Tbl molasses
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp mustard
2 tsp coriander
  • Heat oil and and add chicken. Cook until browned, but not all the way done (will finish later).
  • Add the broth, onion, ginger, soy sauce, molasses, garlic powder, mustard, and coriander. Simmer until softened. 
  • Add meat to skillet and simmer until meat is cooked through.

4 comments:

  1. I Love chinese food too! Boy, that is a LOT of ginger but I love it! Is this the real stuff or the stuff our of a jar? Just curious, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was really ginger-y, but very good. If that flavor is not your favorite, you could cut back a little and it would still be flavorful. I used fresh ginger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Chinese food too. I am sometimes overwhelmed by some Chinese food recipes, most have so many ingredients. Your recipe looks wonderful and YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about so many ingredients...half of which I've never heard of. This one is super easy and good! Sometimes, I even cheat and buy the jar of sauce in the "ethnic" aisle at the store.

    ReplyDelete

Special Note

For the present, anonymous comments are not allowed at Robin, Restored due to the large number of spam comments that make it through Blogger's spam filter. I'm sorry about those of you who comment as Anonymous and sign your names. I'll try later to enable the function again.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

sharing

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It