1 Tbl olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
1 Tbl minced garlic
28oz diced fire roasted tomato
1tsp chili powder
1 can butter beans, rinsed & drained
1 can black beans, rinsed & drained
1 can kidney beans, rinsed & drained
4 cups chicken broth
1/4 c chopped cilantro
1 c frozen chopped spinach
- Heat oil over medium high. Add onion and cook until softened. Add garlic.
- Add tomatoes, cumin, and chili powder. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place 1-1/2 cups beans and 1/2 cup broth in blender. Add cilantro and puree.
- Add beans, broth, and bean puree to pot. Simmer.
- Add in spinach and simmer until heated.
- Serve with a dash of red pepper if you want added heat.