Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Burrito Nachos

     Sometimes, when we eat Mexican inspired dishes at home, I feel like they are very heavy or salty or greasy. Not that I don't love the taste, but I do try to eat such foods in moderation. This recipe, adapted from The Biggest Loser, is a perfect compromise, and it's delicious too! In the cookbook, this is served as a tortilla free burrito. I feel like I need to have some kind of carbs at every meal, so I served mine with baked tortilla chips.

1-lb ground turkey
1/4 of medium yellow onion, chopped
1 c diced bell pepper
1 Tbl chili powder
1tsp cumin
1 tsp mustard
1 tsp oregano
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
10oz frozen chopped spinach
baked tortilla chips
shredded cheese
  • Simmer turkey onion and bell pepper until cooked through. Drain and return to pan.
  • Add spices and stir well.
  • Stir in beans and spinach. Cook until heated through.
  • Top with shredded cheese and serve with tortilla chips

No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Note

For the present, anonymous comments are not allowed at Robin, Restored due to the large number of spam comments that make it through Blogger's spam filter. I'm sorry about those of you who comment as Anonymous and sign your names. I'll try later to enable the function again.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

sharing

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It