I found this recipe several years ago when I was looking for a way to use up some Captain Crunch cereal. We have made this several times, and I'm always reminded of how good "kid's food" can taste. You can see in the picture, we went School Lunch style this night, complete with green beans and macaroni and cheese.
1/4 c flour
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 egg whites (or 1 egg)
1/4 c milk
3 cups Captain Crunch cereal (no berries!)
- Preheat the oven to 350*
- Cut the chicken into one inch square nuggets.
- Combine flour, garlic, onion, and salt in a resealable bag.
- In a small bowl, beat egg and milk.
- Coarsely crush cereal and place in another resealable bag.
- Place the nuggets in the flour bag and shake.
- Place the coated nuggets in the egg bowl to moisten.
- Place the nuggets in the cereal bag and shake.
- Spray a cookie sheet.
- Place nuggets on the cookie sheet and bake 10 minutes.
- Flip the chicken over and bake 10 minutes more, until done.