Sunday, February 20, 2011

Ikea Meatball Gravy

     I have fallen in love with the Swedish meatballs from Ikea. The last time I went I even bought the bag of frozen meatballs to buy at home. I also bought a package of the gravy mix and the jelly, too. Unfortunately, I didn't know you need two packets of the gravy mix since one packet is used to make half the bag of meatballs. What's a girl to do when the nearest Ikea is two hours away? Find a copycat recipe, of course.
     I searched the web, and could not find a recipe that used the ingredients I had in my house so I had to make a couple of substitutions. The result was very close to the real thing. Now, I just need to find a copycat meatball recipe and I'll have it made.

3-1/2 oz (105ml) whole milk
1 Tbl melted butter
1 c beef broth
1/4 tsp soy sauce
1 Tbl flour
1 Tbl butter
salt, to taste
white pepper, to taste
  • Melt butter in pan and add flour, whisk till golden brown and flour is cooked.
  • Add beef broth, milk, soy sauce, and more butter. Stir and cook until desired thickness
  • Season with salt and pepper
  • Serve over meatballs (or potatoes)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Note

For the present, anonymous comments are not allowed at Robin, Restored due to the large number of spam comments that make it through Blogger's spam filter. I'm sorry about those of you who comment as Anonymous and sign your names. I'll try later to enable the function again.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

sharing

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It