Well, now I have my mom's recipe. I have made a few changes, and I don't make it every week. I like to switch things up a little bit. Though sometimes, I do use the same recipe with muffin tins instead of a loaf pan. I've tried other banana bread recipes, but I really like this one the best.
2 c flour (1-3/4 c if using whole wheat)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 c butter
3/4 c sugar
2-3 bananas (I like to use the over-ripe bananas left at the end of the week)
3 Tbl sour milk
Optional: 1/2c peanut butter chips (pictured), chocolate chips (etc), nuts, 1 Tbl flax seed...
- Preheat oven to 350* Grease and flour 4x8 loaf pan.
- Cream butter and add sugar. Beat thoroughly.
- Add egg.
- Peel and mash bananas with a fork. Add to creamed mixture.
- Then add milk and dry ingredients alternately. Mix until blended.
- Stir in chips/nuts if using.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake 50-60 minutes at 350*
- Spread butter on top of loaf when removing from the oven.
Sweet Tooth Friday
Sweets for Saturday