Friday, March 11, 2011

Banana Bread

     Banana bread is a treat that makes me think of my childhood. My mom probably made it once a week. We always ate it right out of the oven, smothered with butter of course, and so hot it would burn your tongue. We just couldn't wait!
     Well, now I have my mom's recipe. I have made a few changes, and I don't make it every week. I like to switch things up a little bit. Though sometimes, I do use the same recipe with muffin tins instead of a loaf pan. I've tried other banana bread recipes, but I really like this one the best.

2 c flour (1-3/4 c if using whole wheat)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 c butter
3/4 c sugar
1 egg
2-3 bananas (I like to use the over-ripe bananas left at the end of the week)
3 Tbl sour milk
Optional: 1/2c peanut butter chips (pictured), chocolate chips (etc), nuts, 1 Tbl flax seed...
  • Preheat oven to 350* Grease and flour 4x8 loaf pan.
  • Cream butter and add sugar. Beat thoroughly.
  • Add egg. 
  • Peel and mash bananas with a fork.  Add to creamed mixture.
  • Then add milk and dry ingredients alternately. Mix until blended. 
  • Stir in chips/nuts if using. 
  • Pour into pan. 
  • Bake 50-60 minutes at 350*
  • Spread butter on top of loaf when removing from the oven.
Submitted to
Sweet Tooth Friday
Sweets for Saturday

2 comments:

  1. Robin, I LOVE banana bread with chocolate chips. I make it like that all the time. I've never even thought of peanut butter chips though, gread idea! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and becoming my newest follower. Following you back! Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always add chocolate chips to my banana bread. Great idea using peanut butter chips instead.

    Thanks for stopping by and linking up with Sweet Tooth Friday.

    ReplyDelete

Special Note

For the present, anonymous comments are not allowed at Robin, Restored due to the large number of spam comments that make it through Blogger's spam filter. I'm sorry about those of you who comment as Anonymous and sign your names. I'll try later to enable the function again.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

sharing

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It