This recipe has actually been sitting in my "to post" file for a couple of months. I don't know why I haven't posted it, because this was a very good pie! I found the recipe, after a friend's recommendation at Allrecipes. It has a 5 star rating, with over 3,000 reviewers, so I'm not the only one who thinks it's delicious!
double 9-inch pie crust
1/2 c butter
1/4 c water
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c brown sugar
8 apples, peeled, cored, sliced
- Preheat oven to 425*
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour to form a paste. Add water, white sugar and brown sugar, and bring to a boil. Reduce temperature and let simmer.
- Place the bottom crust in your pan. Fill with apples, mounded slightly.
- Cut top crust into strips, using a pizza cutter. Lay strips across the pie leaving a gap in between each. Rotate the pie and cover with more strips to form a lattice. Weaving takes too long, so just leave the strips layered.
- Gently pour the sugar and butter liquid over the crust. Pour slowly so that it does not run off.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Reduce the temperature to 350*. Continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes, until apples are soft.
Love sweets like I do?
This is linked up to
Sweet Tooth Friday
Sweets for Saturday