Other muffin recipes on this blog include:
fudge swirl peanut butter muffins
pumpkin streusel muffins
Amish pumpkin muffins (cupcakes?)
blueberry muffins 2
apple pie muffins
banana bread muffins
adapted from deceptively delicious
1/2 c peanut butter
1/2 c carrot puree (I used pumpkin)
1/2 c brown sugar
2 Tbl margarine
1/2 c plain yogurt
1 egg white
1 c flour (minus 2Tbl if using whole wheat)
1 tsp baking powder
1tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c all fruit spread (I used Polaner strawberry)
- Preheat oven to 350* Line muffin tin or coat with spray.
- Beat peanut butter, carrot (or pumpkin), sugar, and margarine with wooden spoon. Stir in yogurt and egg white.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir until just combined, but don't overmix. There may be some lumps.
- Divide batter into muffin cups and drop a spoonful of preserves on top of each.
- Bake until tops of muffins are lightly browned and toothpick comes out clean (20-25minutes)
Sweet Tooth Friday
Sweets for Saturday